Venue: Qatar National Convention Centre - Doha, Qatar
Date: 04th to 06th December 2023
Mr. Surendra Patawari attended the 17th Annual GPCA Forum in Qatar from 4th to 6th December 2023. Mr. Surendra Patawari, Founder and Chairman of Gemini Corporation NV was also interviewed by Aseel Al Masoudi, Member of GPCA Youth Council and Commercial and downstream Business Partner, OQ, on the sidelines of the 17th Annual GPCA Forum.
Mr. Surendra Patawari opened the interview with a staggering statistic: “The world generates almost 1 million tons of plastic waste, and less than 10% is recycled. In the next three years, this is going to triple,”
In an insightful conversation with the GPCA Podcast host, he covered pertinent topics ranging from:
• Gemini Corporation’s work in plastic recycling
• His vision for the circular economy
• How well is the GCC positioned to make the circular economy a reality?
• Extended producer responsibility – its benefits and challenges
• The industry’s role in addressing climate change
• The role of sustainability and transformation in securing the industry’s future
• His impressions from this year’s forum
Please listen to the full interview here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIcPdiyZxPk)
The Annual GPCA Forum, GPCA’s flagship event, has firmly established itself as the foremost gathering of the chemical and petrochemical industry in the Arabian Gulf region. Over the past 17 years, the forum has not only become a key feature in the global chemical industry agenda but also a vital knowledge-sharing and networking platform for regional and global industry stakeholders, establishing itself as the central hub for leaders in the chemical and petrochemical industry.
The forum is more than an event; it is an exclusive gathering that serves as a testament not only to the growth and dynamism of the sector but also to the Annual GPCA Forum’s role as a catalyst for progress.